Thursday, March 16, 2006

water water everywhere...

This is from the BBC website:

“The British Dietetic Association advises that the average adult should consume 2.5 litres of water per day. Of this, 1.8 litres - the equivalent of six to seven glasses of water per day - must be obtained directly from beverages. This should be increased during periods of hot weather or during and after periods of physical activity.”

This week (well, Tuesday onwards) I have been trying to reach this level. I have managed 1.5 litres while at work, and three cups of tea at home. As well as, on Tuesday, four glasses of wine. And whatever you get from food (though considering what I’ve been eating lately, I think I will discount the amount I get from food as it is probably negligible). Is this enough? It is certainly making me need the loo a lot. Does anyone REALLY drink this every day? I will be intrigued to see if I can feel any benefits after a week of doing this.

In the meantime I am going to have to go to the loo AGAIN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find keeping hydrated absolutely key to surviving the day. I'm almost constanly thirsty and definitely aim to drink 2 litres of water aday. And yes, i piss loads, but i don't mind. And fuck the suits if they down their noses at me for pissing every 5 mins - my healt is more important than their approval.