Thursday, March 09, 2006

some dilemmas

Should I stop smoking? On the one hand, I really don’t want to as I actually really enjoy it (NOTE TO BROTHER: please don’t tell mum that). What would I do when having a pint if I wasn’t smoking? And all those moments of social awkwardness- how would they be filled? Not forgetting, of course, that smoking DOES make you cool and that all the cool kids smoke. On the other hand, C announced today that she is cutting down with a view to giving up, and R periodically tells me she wants to quit which would mean I would be the only one of us left in the smoking room. Not such a huge problem really, as there are plenty of other smokers… but it’s not the same as R and C. In some ways I would like to go back to how it was when I first started here and it was summer and I didn’t know anyone and I could go to the park every lunchtime and lie around in the grass and give myself a rash (being allergic to grass and all).

But that’s antisocial and I’m trying not to be antisocial anymore.

That hasn’t really answered the question though, has it? But it doesn’t really need an answer, other than DON’T BE DAFT! Of course I’m not going to give up smoking. I’m fucking hardcore!! I might even start smoking Davidoffs (the cigarettes for people who WANT to smoke, as compared to Marlboro Lights, for those who have to smoke). Though I will most likely stick with rollies as I am skint.

Yesterday I mentioned stalking and said I wasn’t going to elaborate on it. But now I’ve realised everyone does it and it’s cool. Reading about people you know (and people you barely know) is perfectly acceptable. Everyone does it. It’s sooooo legitimate. Reading about 20 year old gay emo boys in Louisiana is fine. Reading about people you went to school with is fine, especially if they’ve screwed up their lives, cos then you get to laugh at them and feel all superior. And if people put photos up on the internet then how do they expect me not to look?

Having said all of that, I need to stop with the e-stalking and daydreaming about someone really awesome (which is pretty much all I’ve done today) and either do some work or start properly looking for another job. Where should I look? So far I’m just looking on the Guardian website, but to be honest, I think they’re all a bit above me. I just want a nice easy job where I don’t have to do very much and I can spend the day on the internet.

I reckon I should be a policy officer. I’ve seen what they do. It’s not impressive, which is exactly what I’m looking for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

e-stalking is the new best way to waste your employers valuable resources. They're is frankly no other way to survive the office day.

As long as you don't start rooting through people's dustbins in the realworld, you'll be fine :)

Pottachan said...

Tramps go through our bins sometimes but I don't think they're stalking us.