Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Is it really six months?

Anyway so this morning I went to the doctors and admitted defeat and now I’m taking prozac. I didn’t tell the doctor that I was hallucinating because it was freaking the hell out of me. That’s all I want to say about that for now.

I had really odd dreams all last night. This was probably partly due to the fact that I knew it was the last day of not taking any medication, but more due to the fact that I fell asleep reading a book about Mao, whilst still wearing my clothes. I had a dream about this guy I work with, though thankfully he’s not in today. I’ve dreamt about him before, and then the next day I had to see him and it was super embarrassing.

When I got into work this morning I switched on my computer and had a look to see what emails had come in overnight. It was all mainly blah blah blah except for an email from my old boss. He’s only like a year older than me and we got on really well. We used to call each other all the time and email each other and stuff. Then he asked me out… but I thought it was as friends… but it wasn’t. anyway, then he never spoke to me ever again until I saw him at LSE a month or two ago and we had possibly THE MOST awkward conversation ever. So an email from him was unexpected, to say the least. However, reading it, I have no idea if he’s still annoyed with me. Oh fuck it. I don’t really give a toss.

There was proper drama yesterday, anyway. #1 had to be taken to hospital in a stretcher! She’s okay, it was a pulled muscle, but with her history of leg problems, everyone at her work decided she should go to hospital, though not before the receptionist had had a fight with one of the editors. She was really pissed off, because she knew she didn’t have to go to hospital. Pretty funny really. She said it was a bit sore last night, but this morning when I very briefly saw her it seemed fine.

Even more drama ensued this morning when I realised our kettle was broken. Now, we drink a lot of tea, so not having a kettle is a really big deal. I am going to have to get a new one asap, as boiling it in a pan is a pain in the arse. Me and my ex had to do that for a week when we moved into our house in Bethnal Green. When we got there, it didn’t have a lock on the door and we had to invent all these ways of getting the door to shut at night. I really liked that house, but we got burgled and decided to move.

I worked out it’s been just over six months since me and my ex split up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey You! It's your motherly type here again, with yet more advice you may feel free to ignore.

1)STOP GIVING YOURSELF SUCH A HARD TIME. It's not admitting defeat getting yourself some anti-d's, in fact I think it's quite brave. I struggle with depression for a while (and still do from time to to time) and it's a big step to ask for help. Well done.

2)You are obviously much lovlier and attractive than you would give yourself credit for or let the readers of this blog believe. You're always posting countless stories of men flirting with you or kissing you or whatever. You certainly seem to have more success than I did. Or do...

3)Please re-consider the drinking alone thing? It's not a brilliant tactic. In fact I'd encourage youto booze with your mates over getting tanked up alone. Drinking alone is not a good thing in conjunction with number 1. Do you have friends that are lovely enough to tell you that you are being a bit loud an' that, and that you wouldn't get upset being told that by, if you see what I mean?

That's all for now ; ) Look after yourself!!

x