Sunday, April 01, 2007

Please don't think I want anything else but karaoke.

I was just THIS close to throwing up all over the bathroom.

My insides are playing a cruel trick on me. Must have been the gold I was wearing huh.

On the plus - and slightly more constructive - side, this weekend I have washed some clothes and defrosted the fridge. #1 reckoned it was about to explode, and if I fucked up the fridge in any way I would completely ruin the glorious image of when my ex broke the fridge. He decided the best way to de-ice it was to hammer and chisel at the ice, but he only had one working arm because he'd been knocked off his bike and broken his arm.... so of course he chiseled through the gas stuff that makes the fridge work....
... I got home and he'd tried to fix it with an elastoplast and a bit of blu-tack. And was drinking a beer, on the wet, icy kitchen floor.

At this point it would be so easy to make a sweeping generalisation. And I would like to think that I'm above that. But what with that and S's cousin who dug a hole in the floor so that the door would fit, rather than filing the door, I think the only conclusion to be made is obvious.

Anyway, I'm off to check on the fridge now.

No comments: