Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Yeah your mum called, she said you're adopted.

Two choice conversations at work yesterday:

K - You remind me a little bit of Mr Darcy, you know.
M - Is it because you like to think of me naked frolicking in a pond?
K - Ewwww. What a mental image. Urgh. No!!
M - . . . .

Later on....

M - What's the name of that actress??
everyone ignores M
M - You know, the really famous one?
laughter from everyone (the AT not WITH kind)
M - She was in "Becoming Jane"
K - Becoming Jane? That's what I call you sometimes.
M - I've never heard you say that!
K - Yeah well that's because I don't say it loud enough so you can hear.

Seriously, you try working with M - "he's got a face like a Picasso painting - his features are all in the wrong place!"

After work I went to the library. It was actually a lot of fun. Me and S spent ages discussing orientalism and occidentalism and whether it could therefore be said that there's a prediliction in human nature to define oneself through opposition to a definable binary opposite (answer: too long to explain at 8:30am, though in summary, when it leads to racism then it's a bad thing). It was far more fun than it should have been to be in the disabilities room with no shoes on, writing ideas about universality on the whiteboard.

Half the time, when I speak, I think I'm a fucking AMAZING human being. The rest of the time, I hear myself and I think, what a cunt.

Off to hospital today, so no work. By the end of the day I need to have written (or at least started) my essay but at the moment I am far too confused by endless conditional parity progression tables, and would rather stay at home and listen to silly music... hello Rihanna and Jay-Z, goodbye remnants of degree...

No comments: