Saturday, March 31, 2007

semi-professional unprofessionalism

Note to self - never drink again. Or, if the plan is to go out for ONE DRINK, then try and stick to it just a little bit, and don't leave the pub when it closes. My head is punishing me today.

It's been a nice week, although I've done approximately no work on either of my essays. I've also done no Chinese, no washing, no cleaning, and pretty much nothing constructive. I've spent a lot of time moping around though, so I dunno, that's good I guess. M came round for dinner on Thursday, which was lovely. We stayed up til late, talking in bed. It was like being a kid again, when you have a sleepover and you stay up til some ridiculous hour, whispering and giggling.

It turns out people have been gossiping about me at work! There's a surprise. At my last job, there were several rumours going round about me: firstly that I was some sort of sexual deviant... actually that was pretty much it, but there were variations on that. I was meant to have had a threesome, and I enjoyed being bitten and really short men. Ironically, when I actually DID do anything with a guy in the office, there wasn't too much gossip. Probably cos it's not so funny if it's true. Actually, there may well have been gossip. At the last christmas party I was told some stuff, but I was so shit faced that all I can remember is being very shocked and hoping that I'd remember in the morning - which of course I didn't.

ANYWAY. The current gossip is regarding my boyfriend, which is news to me as I wasn't aware I had one. An email apparently went round yesterday and everyone thinks I'm dating this guy. Amusing. He's really hot though so it could be a lot lot lot worse - it could be the man everyone thinks is a vampire, or the intensely irritating guy who sits opposite me, who I've had to put a pot plant in front of so I don't have to look at his face.

I just sneezed and maaaaaaaaan sneezing on a hangover is pain city.

I miss The Crucible and all the people in it. Though I don't miss my bonnet.

I should probably try and do something productive with my day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Never_drinking_again

I miss mah bucket

Savidge Reads said...

People havent been gossiping horridly, its just some fun you little minx. And there has DEFINATELY not been an email. Just to set your mind at rest! Lovin the blog... S x