Monday, November 21, 2005

This whole blog thing is a whole new world for me to get my head around. My main quandry is: can you tell people that you've read their blog? For example, I was reading a friend's the other day, and on saturday I told him that I'd read it. He was actually happy. But I can imagine that some people wouldn't be so happy, though why, I don't know, seeing as it's on the internet for all to see.

Is it permissable to tell people you've read their blog, or does that cross a boundary? I know detatchment and separation makes it easier for people to write their feelings down, so, to me, it seems like quite a grey area. Personally, I have no problems with anyone reading this, or thinking whatever they like about it. Why on earth would I mind? I doubt I'm going to start revealing the hidden secrets of my mind and soul here, and if I do, then enjoy it. Whatever.

I think that Debretts needs updating. There's now a section on mobile phone etiquette, so I think next there needs to be something about blogging. I really love Debretts. It's such a great book. More people should read it and abide by it. Though having said that, I also like turning into a deliquent as the week draws to a close. There's nothing better than getting stupidly drunk and falling asleep under a coat on a sofa, hugging a dj.

No comments: