Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Another day goes by

Yet another day has gone past without me doing any work. Well, that's not entirely true, I did lots of work in the morning and early afternoon. I had to get in nice (?) and early to have a meeting with my manager to ask for a pay rise. She agreed with me, although frankly, she'd have to be quite mean not to. I'm living below the poverty line (well, nearly....). So I guess that was a success.

This afternoon I wrote my CV and applied for a new job, where they pay a lot more, and where my skills would actually be used. I think I wrote quite a good covering letter in the end. It's so hard when you know that you would be so good at a job but you have to convince other people that you would be. I know for a fact that I could do that job, but I guess I'll have to wait and see if they agree. I have another load of application forms to fill in tonight as well.

For some reason I have been absolutely starving for the last couple of days. Last night I was lying in bed thinking about how hungry I was, when I'd had a big (and very tasty) supper. I was actually counting the hours til breakfast! Then by lunch time today my stomach was almost digesting itself. I tried to justify it by claiming that it was because I had breakfast very early (which is true, but still!). And now I'm hungry again. I think maybe I have a worm or something. Everyone at work today was saying that I was looking very skinny, but I think that's the clothes I'm wearing (not to mention the good bra I'm wearing) making me look very thin with big tits. A bit like a manga figure I suppose, though not a cartoon.

I'm going to the cinema tonight, to see "The Beat That Skipped My Heart" or something like that. I'm going with this guy I slept with a couple of weeks ago. He's a nice guy, but he's too short (I won't get into my height-rant now, that's for another day). Still, it'll be nice to go to the cinema and it's close to my house anyway.

No comments: