Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Happy Pig Year!

I'm trying to get on top of things domestically tonight. I was talking to M earlier and it turns out I am as bad as a boy what with the lack of laundry and the stack of old newspapers and all that. So I've done some washing and I'm thinking about clearing all the books out of my bed. Only thinking about it obviously.

Things have been reasonably exciting here recently. On Thursday I went to theatre in my new capacity as a theatre critic. Read my review here. Being a press performance, there was free food and wine, and #1 and I made the most of it. We got chatting to some of the actors afterwards, and I got to touch one of them on the leg. We did lots of flirting and then we had a semi-snog but I had a mouthful of chocolate so it was a bit of a disaster. He was hot stuff, mmmm. He had very powerful legs and #1 and I have decided that were I to shag him, it would be the sex of dreams... getting-chucked-about-the-bedroom-in-a-Daniel-Craig-style-sex. Obviously the next day at work I did little else but internet stalk him cos I'm cool like that.

On Friday I went to the ballet, though it wasn't ballet - it was Chinese dance. The first half was modern dance, and it was quite dull. The second half was more ethnographic and it was much more enjoyable. It made me miss dancing a lot. A guy from my culture & society class was there, and he wasn't enamoured - he said the performance reminded him of cheap perfume. But I liked it, it's nice to see things that are a bit different....

... And it was apt because it was Chinese New Year on Sunday. 新年快乐!I went to Chinatown with #1, #5 and #1's friend from work, A. We met P, V, their mum, their other sister and a whole bunch of other people. It was cool, we wandered about and watched the lion dance, and then the fireworks, and had a look at Trafalgar Square (if anyone could tell me why there was a tank there, I would be very happy). We ate at Nando's, with M, then went to the pub, and P came along, and it was all really cool. We had a paper dragon that we have called Dinosaur. Here's a photo of the day:

We look well special.

Anyway, it was really fun, and I did have lots more to write but I've just dyed my hair and I have blue dye all down my face and I am going to have to scrub it off. So that's a good night then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving your hair! And who is the girl in the pink hat? ;)

Txx

Pottachan said...

You are such a male whore. She has a boyfriend, so don't go there!

Glad you like my hair though, I cut it myself cos I'm cool/skint like that. I can cut yours for the price of a beer?

Oh, and kung hei fat choi!

xx