Saturday, January 06, 2007

A very brief update

As S has demanded an update, this will have to do...

My black eye has faded and I'm left with a scab, which I'm trying hard not to pick, cos I'm charming like that. It's still quite sore. I have a cold and I have snot in my ears according to the doctor.

I am in essay purgatory. It's due on Monday, I've written NOTHING and yesterday I had a complete change of heart and decided that I am a post-structuralist and now I am trying to alter my entire essay plan and I'm kind of wishing I'd read more Western philosophy as the crux of my essay seems to be me slating it in its entirity. Err yes. I've read Chinese anthropologists and philosophers though and I'm slating their Western-ness too. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo SOAS.

So I'm in my room surrounded by papers, listening to Holst. I haven't been sleeping well as I have a cold and can't breathe all that great. We're going to the Asda in Clapham tonight as a break from studying (and cos we only have the car for a little longer and need to stock up on food). I think they're trying to fatten me up cos I've lost so much weight.

I need to go and define footnotes, referencing and bibliography for P. And then try and find the departments essay regulations, like WHERE DO I HAND IT IN and other such related things, which can be summarised by the phrase: WHY IS SOAS SO UNORGANISED? I almost miss Carol Toms (LSE International History bitch of the century).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you slating Western philosophy, punk?!?

Pottachan said...

Cos it's irrelevant to understandings of China. I accept that it may have some bearing to areas within the Westphalian system (and possibly broader than this), but I think it's offensive and highly misleading to impose theories of Western philosophy onto a culture that bears no relation to it.

No offence, like.

Anonymous said...

tis true. you tell 'im hats.