Saturday, May 05, 2007

Discretion is my middle name

It's been pointed out that I'm very indiscrete. In fact, that I have a mouth like the channel tunnel. I don't think that's ENTIRELY accurate. I'd say I'm probably more lacking indescretion at work, which is perhaps a little bit foolish as surely that's where I should be more, I dunno, professional? It's nothing bad, mind, it's not like I've told any secrets or anything - yesterday was someone's birthday, and when it's a birthday, there's cake, a card and presents. So it's not like it's a SURPRISE or anything. Anyway, I found out about the birthday and bounded over to K to tell him, just as the birthday boy was walking past - though not exactly THAT near... Later on, the birthday boy looked on someone elses computer so see what time we'd bring the cake (again, not my fault, right?), and so he knew what to look for and when - if you know that, it's not hard to tell that I'm sticking candles in a cake and whatnot. So that was one incident. The other incident, where I admit I was completely indiscrete, was when I was jumping about and acting like a child with K, and said - really loudly - "where's SV?? I hope he hasn't gone yet!!!"... and OF COURSE he was right in front of me. Ack, it's not like I command any respect there anyway. In some ways that's a good thing - there are a couple of people there that I would not want respect from. But it does make me think, hmm, I'm 23 now, wouldn't it be nice if I wasn't treated like I was 15? Because being treated like a kid makes me act like a kid, and then it's a vicious cycle. And yes, I had a waterfight. And what??

I went to the library after work, cos I'm THAT cool, and stayed until about 2am. I got quite a lot of work done, though I was really pissed off because people were properly talking. I've never seen that in a library before. The acoustics there mean that it's fucking noisy anyway. I guess people made noise in the LSE library, but cos it was such a huge space, it didn't seem noisy. These stupid fucking girls, yesterday, chatting away. The only plus side was that they were speaking Urdu, of which I understand very little, so it didn't distract me as much as it might have done. I still told them to shut up though.

The other day I was in the lift talking to M about my hip, which has gotten really painful again. He asked when I was going to get my MRI results, and I said I didn't really want them until after exams because it was just another level of stress, just in case it was something bad - and if it's not that bad, then there's no real reason to know now. We were discussing how I had such a (and I quote) "spacker leg". Then I realised there was a man in a WHEELCHAIR behind me and I felt really bad. Oops.

My moods are all over the place at the moment. #1 is trying to pressure me into admitting there's something wrong but - seriously - I'm fine. Well, I'm not. I'm all over the place. But I don't see what talking about it will do. Funny how the only people who want to talk to me about it are the people I want to just pretend I'm fine, and the people who pretend I'm fine are the ones I want to talk to. It's probably an easy dichotomy to make, because the end result is the same - I don't talk about it - and I would justify it some other way if things were different. Anyway, yeah, I'm FINE.

Things I am going to do after exams:
1. Get hideously drunk
2. Join the gym again
3. Try not to get tendonitis again
4. When I am fitter, I'm going to invite myself along to the gym with SV and T, where I will no doubt try and beat them on the rowing machine and get tendonitis again
5. Go canoeing?? I haven't kayaked since I was about 15
6. Go camping
7. Visit my brother
8. Do a hell of a lot of karaoke

I just accidentally bleached my feet.

No comments: