Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Running through my head running through my head

The other day someone was telling me about how they'd called the police cos there was a dog on the motorway, and I thought that was quite a cool thing to call the police about. I said, "I've only ever called the police twice, once when I was broken into and once.... never mind". I forget sometimes that it was a whole different life ago that my ex smashed my door down and punched me in the face, and then punched me again when I called the police. Not really something for sharing in polite company. I'm not sure I would be understood properly. Though exactly what is there to understand? I just pretend none of it ever happened.

Actually I have just remembered another police incident, when I wound up in Bethnal Green police station with a random Swedish guy, shortly before we tried to break into his house. I have only hazy memories of this night as I'd been out at a friend brother's band's gig, but it involves a lost rucksack, inappropriateness, and me leaving him on a flat roof.

If I ransack my memory I can think of all sorts of trinkets and tales but most of the time I have absolutely no inclination as most of it makes me very sad. I'm the kind of girl who picks at a scab repeatedly but sometimes there are things I should just leave alone.

No comments: