Monday, April 14, 2008

Less clutter, more productive?

I am trying to de-clutter my life (of physical objects at least). Today I made a start on the 2 crates I have of shoes. I'm not really a girly girl, I don't do shoes in the way that lots of other girls do. But it does amaze me that I have so many pairs of shoes when all I seem to wear are converse, completely destroyed cowboy boots or lambswool slippers. I have managed to jettison only 3 pairs of shoes, all plimsolls, bringing my plimsoll collection down to a measly three pairs.

Equally, I cannot get rid of clothes. I found a really old men's green velvet jacket, and the logical person would get rid of it, but you never know, it could become a wardrobe staple. Let's forget the fact that I have only worn it once, when I had really bad sunburn and could only wear sack like dresses and no underwear, and this was the only thing big enough to fit over that most attractive of ensembles.

Now I can't stop sneezing because of all the dust from the damn jacket. Next time you see me I'll be sartorially fantastic. Or a pile of dust. One or the other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do have a hell of a lot of clothes. And the best make up collection in the world.

Oddly you have lots of plain boring me-type clothes that I havent ever ever ever seen you wear. Even when we were librarying and you apparently managed to wear "everything you own" so you resorted to the amazing dress that I/Jade/Jimmy/random people on the street fell in love with.

Keep those clothes. Wear them. We will look like a lesbian couple. Winner.

"S"

Savidge Reads said...

No knickers, I am shocked and saddened by this outburst *nod* Sx