Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Cold, ill and loveless

I’m not a happy bunny at the moment. The heating in our office has broken. The heating is quite temperamental at the best of times. Last week it got so hot that I felt like I was being boiled alive. Now this week it is far too cold. We have a little fan heater in the office, which we’ve had on all day. The only problem with this is that it makes you feel quite ill. As I write this I have my scarf on, and a big fleecy blanket wrapped round me, as well as fur lined boots (and bear in mind I hate wearing shoes when I’m at work). The engineers are apparently coming to try and fix it.

In the mean time I might just go home.

To add insult to injury, I was meant to be going out for a drink with the beautiful boy after work today, but he’s cancelled. And he’s moving to Australia next week anyway, so it seems like that’s not going to happen.

I feel really miserable today. I want to go home, and eat some lovely warm food while watching dvd’s in bed. That seems like the only option, seeing as the boy doesn’t want to go out with me. I just re-read that last couple of sentences, and I have a correction. I’m not miserable, I’m just grumpy. I think if they played some music in here, it would be a lot more tolerable. I could do with getting up and having a bit of a boogie.

I’m sure I must look like a bit of a weirdo, wrapped up in a lime green blanket, drinking hot ribena. I reckon the only solution is to go for a fag.

No comments: